Frequently Asked Questions
General Outdoor Fellow Questions
What are your candles made of?
We use a natural coconut wax blend a high end fragrance oils
Where do you make your candles?
- Our candles are hand poured and mixed in the USA
- Our 8oz candles will burn for 40-50 hours and if proper candle care is followed.
- Currently we only ship in the United States.
How long does it take to ship?
- We want you to receive your candle as fast as possible! Orders are typically processed in 24 hours unless otherwise stated and you can expect to receive your candle in 3-6 business days if within the contiguous United States. Outdoor Fellow uses a standard flat rate shipping with UPS Ground or USPS Priority Mail for all orders in the United States.
My candle arrived broken. What do I do?
- Oh no! Please let us know if your candle arrived broken or damaged and we will replace it immediately. Email us at email@example.com with the following:
- a picture of the broken candle and package if possible
- number of candles that arrived broken and order number
- We'll get you squared away in no time.
My candle was undeliverable and returned to Outdoor Fellow, now what?
- Occasionally packages are returned to Outdoor Fellow as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, you will be issued a refund minus the cost of shipping and applicable taxes. If you would still like to purchase items that were undeliverable, you are welcome to place a new order at www.outdoorfellow.com
- Outdoor Fellow hopes you love your new candle! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your candle we are happy to offer a full refund minus any original shipping costs within thirty (30) days of your receipt of goods provided they are in their original and unused condition.
- Final Sale items are not eligible for refunds, returns or exchanges unless the product was damaged during transit.
- International orders outside the United States are considered Final Sale and are not eligible for refunds, returns or exchanges unless the product was damaged during transit.
- Please note that that we can't accept returns of candles that have been lit.
- For returns email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a brief description of the issue and we’ll get you squared away in no time.
If I return my candle, how long does it take to receive my money back?
- We process returns and refunds quickly so you can receive your money back on eligible returns. Once we receive your returned item it will generally be processed that same day. Once the return is processed you will receive a notice confirming the return though it may take 1 - 2 weeks before the return is reflected in your account.
Promotions and Discounts
Why won't my promotional code work on sale or subscription items?
- From time to time, Outdoor Fellow offers special promotional offers on product. These offers do not apply to sale merchandise or subscriptions and can only be used on full price items.
What are your "Buy X, Get Y" rules?
- When we offer a buy x, get y deal, the discount applies to the item of equal or lesser value in your cart. Some exclusions apply and are not eligible on sale merchandise or subscriptions.
Can I use multiple promotions on purchase?
- Only one promotional code can be used on a purchase and can't be combined with additional discounts or promotions.
- When Outdoor Fellow runs automatic discounts, additional promotional codes can not be combined for additional discounts.
General Gift Card Questions
How can I access gift cards which were misplaced or never received?
- Customers can click Resend gift cards from their order confirmation email.
Are there any usage or monthly fees on Outdoor Fellow Gift cards?
- Outdoor Fellow does not charge any monthly or usage fees on gift cards.
How long will it take for my gift card to arrive?
- You will receive your gift card immediately! Outdoor Fellow uses digital gift cards that are emailed to the email address entered at checkout.
My gift card is for someone else. How do I give it to them?
- Outdoor Fellow gift cards are sent to the email address entered at checkout. You may enter the recipient's email in order for them to receive the gift card automatically or you may forward them the confirmation email with the gift card information.
Can I choose a dollar value that isn't offered?
- At this time you can not choose a custom amount.
Why can't I use my gift card on Outdoor Fellow subscription products?
- Currently the system we use to manage our subscription products including the Outdoor Fellow Monthly Candle Club and Outdoor Fellow 3, 4, 6 and 12 month subscription plans does not support the redemption of gift cards.
Can I use a promotional or discount code on a gift card?
- No you can not apply discount codes towards the purchase of a gift card
- Currently there is not a way for you to check your balance yourself. To receive your balance please email Outdoor Fellow at email@example.com and we will get back to you with the balance left on your gift card.
Using Gift Cards
Can a gift card be used more than once?
- Yes, provided there is still a balance remaining on the card.
Can more than one gift card be used towards a purchase?
- Yes. You can redeem another gift card during checkout.
Can a gift card be used to buy a gift card?
- No, you can't use a gift card to buy another gift card
Can a gift card be used to pay for shipping and taxes?
- Yes, gift cards are applied to the final order total which includes shipping and taxes.
Can gift cards be used in conjunction with a discount code?
- Yes, gift cards are a form of payment.